Wednesday 1 June 2011

Keep it simple

I'm a Liverpool supporter but I have always tried to be objective about the quality of other sides. I'm not completely neutral but taking an online definition (my Oxford dictionary is not currently at hand), neutral is defined in its adjective form as follows:

–adjective
1.
not taking part or giving assistance in a dispute or warbetween others: a neutral nation during world War II.
2.
not aligned with or supporting any side or position in acontroversy: The arbitrator was absolutely neutral.
3.
of or belonging to a neutral state or party: neutral territory.

I'm a football supporter and a passionate one at that. I am a Liverpool supporter but I'm a supporter of football first. I'm just going to write about whatever takes my fancy in football. Is there such thing as "the football neutral"? I don't think so but it will be interesting to find out...

No comments:

Post a Comment